The Poem of My Life

The Poem of My Life

Sone is my name,
The son of Ali and Turkan
Born in Fethiye,
Studying in Antalya
Lover of rock music and idleness

When I was young,
I was like a monster,
Beating kids of my age
Being cruel to people
And having an endless energy

I threw myself to grounds,
Played dangerous games in my mind,
Nearly causing my death
Either to be crashed by a car,
Or by an electric shock.

My momma wore me long clothes
So that people would not think that they were beating me
Nearly lost my fingers
While playing with a sliding window
Just a careless and hyperactive boy

Yet I grew up to be calm and quiet
As harmless as a dove
Enjoying a quiet life
And planning his goals of life
Enjoying my ordinary and simple life

I find happiness in many things
Sometimes by watching the sea,
Sometimes by drinking a hot or a cold coffee,
Sometimes by drinking with some friends
Or sometimes by just watching films

I am a man of complexity
Full of intelligence, emotion, smart as Einstein, or Tesla
But the one creating nothing.
Emotional as Ferhat in ‘’Ferhat and Şirin’’
But the one doesn’t drill a mountain.

Only fear that I got
Is getting bitten by a rooster
Only joy that I got
Is drinking some cocktails
Or sometimes a plain whiskey.

Yet now in my life,
I am far away from my home city,
In a different place,
In a time that I don’t earn money,
In a time that I think it’s null.

I am a student in Antalya,
I go to school in weekdays,
And sometimes I travel at weekends.
I study at nights when there is no loud
And I watch series in my spare times,
And I go jogging in the evenings

Yet I have had enough of this life
And now my only wish is to finish school
And get a job
So that I can start establishing my life.
Before it is too late

It’s time to stop being idle,
And spending money for school,
It is time to earn my life
Build a life through my own wishes,
By having a step towards my future.







Comments

Popular Posts