Think That You are a Dog for a Day!

One day, I felt cold in my sleep and woke up. I opened my eyes, what was that? I was in a park very early in the morning. There was no one else in around. I looked at the sky, and looked at my arms, and all I saw was that I had a dog’s paws. I wonderingly swore at this situation, yet all I could say was ‘’woof’’, and all I could do was barking.  I couldn’t understand what was going on. At the very moment I understood that I was a dog, but still kept my feelings about my past as a human being. I thought it could be a shapeshifter who had done this to me. Was I going to live as a dog from now on? Even though it was formidable, I could no longer think about what I was supposed to do due to the fact that I was hungry and thirsty. I got up and started to bat around to find some food and water. I went to some trash bins, and I ate whatever I could find, remaining rancid foods of people, and drank some water from a muddy puddle. As I suppressed my hunger and thirst, I felt like a stray dog. I didn’t know what to do or where to go. My only wish was to be a human again, but I couldn’t do anything about it. I started to bat around again. Just as I was walking aimlessly, I saw a couple of cats fighting, I wanted to chase after them instinctively, but I hindered myself from chasing after them. The sun started to shine brighter upon the sky. I guessed it was noon. It got too hot to walk. Then I saw a shadow of a building and went there to rest till the heat went down. There I saw myself in a window. I was an ordinary stray dog, covered all in dirt. I looked disgusting. Just as I was about to sleep in the shade of the building, some people came upon to chase me after till I went away from that building. I felt pity for myself, and couldn’t understand why people did that. It could have been my dirty look or maybe they just were not animal lovers. I started to walk again till I found a shade of a tree. It looked comfortable to have some sleep and rest. I passed a few hours there, away from my thoughts of what would happen to me, or what would I do.  I felt so tired that I slept immediately. When I opened my eyes, there was sunset and it was nearly noon. Again, I started to bat around, hoping to find some food. I walked a couple of hours without stopping till I found an open field covered with grass and trees. I wanted to get away from the city crowd and buildings. There were many cats and dogs there. Thus, I went towards the crowd and I saw some people feeding stray dogs and cats. There were many human foods, meats, and dried cat and dog foods, and also many cups of clean water. I ate as much as I could, and I lay down to rest because eating that much made me feel tired. Just as I lay down, I wished to become a human again, become myself again. I got up and started to look for an appropriate place to spend the night. A few dogs went through a corner covered with trees. I went with them and we all lay there till we slept. My mind was full of thoughts about my previous life. I was trying to figure out what happened to me. My deep thoughts followed me till I fell asleep in the dark of the night. When I woke up in the next morning, I was in my bed, and in my house. I was really happy to be back, and I definitely knew the beauties of being a human and appreciated having a family and friends. I wanted to think that it was a dream, but I knew that it was not a dream. It was too real to be a dream. Then I hoped that every single person would live and see what I had gone through to understand the difficulty of being an animal in the environment, dominated by humans. They all need a hand to live in these harsh conditions. We, humans, are destroying their environment. 

Comments

Popular Posts